Sunday, May 8, 2011

Safely in Guatemala :)

I made it! Safe and sound! With absolutely no problems! But let's be honest, God brought me this far without problems did I really think I wouldn't make it on the plane or through customs? Absolutely not :) Yesterday was spent shopping at what is now Wal-mart in Guatemala city, lunch at McDonalds, getting to know the Chiquito family, and topped off with a delicious dinner of noodles, chicken and vegetables. It was an exhausting, but wonderful day! I have failed to take any pictures so far, but there will be some to come soon!
Today was a bit more relaxing day that consisted of the market, playing with Emily (Oscar and Karla's daughter), being able to help in making a delicious lunch (although I'm not positive what it was called) and church. At church I could understand the majority of what the pastor was talking about which was such a blessing! The sermon was about being close to God and how that consists of being obedient and loving, a sermon that really applies at all times but especially while I'm here in Guatemala. I also loved just being in the church and seeing the strong sense of community within the church and the way Christ's love shines through everyone! I can't say enough how blessed I am to be here! Everyone is now around the house relaxing, preparing for the long week ahead, as I should be doing as well. I can now put to practice the lesson plans I was taught to make in school since I will be teaching in the schools this week! We'll see how that goes! As the week goes on keep my lesson plans in your prayers! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you made it there and it sounds like everything is going amazing so far!! Good Luck with your first week of teaching I know you will do great wonders there! love you! Keep your blogging up and I will be sure to continue following you along your journey! :)

    ReplyDelete