Saturday, May 14, 2011

I cannot believe I have been here in Guatemala a week already! It went by so fast! I finished out the school week actually being able to help with the first and second graders which was fun. The children are so loving and kind! Everyday they ask if I will be back the next day. We have been working on phrases the last two days such as "good morning," "good afternoon,"and "goodnight." The real test to see if they are actually learning will be Monday when I ask them what they remember :)

I am still fully trusting God in this teaching thing, I have seven classes that I see with about 20 to 30 students in each class so it's hard to see if all of the students are learning and to get material for every child, so basically it's in God's hands! Each night so far has then been spent preparing for the next school day, eating (which is done a lot), and getting to know the family. I absolutely love getting to know the family and just spending time with everyone, it's such a blessing.

The students that walked me home
Yesterday afternoon I was able to leave school early since one of the teachers was gone and another teacher sent four of her students with me to make sure I got home safely. Kind of funny sending four students along to "protect" the teacher, but it was a fun walk! The students just wanted to know different words in English and then had fun trying to pronounce them. I also got to practice my Spanish more since the children don't judge on how bad it is :) I had a lot of fun talking with them on the short walk back :)

There is so much God has already taught me in this quick week and I can't wait to see what else He has in store! One is that I need to manage my time better, so with that said... I need to prepare for teaching this week!
What an amazing God we have!

2 comments:

  1. Lindsey! I am so glad you have put together this blog. I can't help but smile when I read your posts. It is amazing to read and see the things you are doing. Please continue to post regularly so we can stay up to date. I will be praying for you and your work in Guatemala!

    -Evan

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Hey Lindsey! I am praying for you to rely on the Lord's strength and not your own power thru this time of service...You will be sharpened by the loving hands of the Lord!! Praise God that you are a willing servant! Know that you are being prayed for :)

    ReplyDelete