Monday, July 4, 2011

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord!

After a bittersweet time of goodbyes and a surprise greeting of my entire family at the airport, I am finally home! This past week was officially the most goodbyes I have said since going off to college, if you don't count the five or six different times some of the same students said goodbye! My last day at school was Thursday since Friday there were no classes. The children were so sad saying goodbye; it broke my heart when they would ask if I was going to be at school on Monday or the next week and I had to say no. They are all so precious and beautiful children of God! Saying goodbye, not knowing when I would see them next, was one of the hardest things I have had to do here. Wednesday as well was difficult as I went out to El Yahlu for the last time. And then Saturday, my last day in Sumpango, ended perfectly with a delicious dinner with the wonderful people I met and got to know in my two months.
A fun dinner with the teachers from Yahlu!

Saying goodbye at school :(


Through all of these goodbyes thought, the Lord has taught me that what is important is searching for His will daily. It's hard to know when I will be back to Sumpango, but I don't need a long-term plan right now, I just need to submit each day to the will He has for me. This is a lot easier said than done! But like it says in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." This verse is where my hope is these days, in this promise from God, that He has a plan for my life. I don't need to be concerned with that plan daily but I know He does have a plan, and that is what matters.

So as the two months come to an end, it's hard to put into words exactly what I did, what I learned, and what I saw while in Guatemala. I think pictures speak louder than words so here are a few to enjoy. They are pictures from this past week as well as pictures from the weeks before. If you take the time to look closely at each child in these pictures the love and grace of our God can be clearly seen! And although these pictures are nowhere near the beauty of actually being in Guatemala, I hope you can get a small glimpse into what I experienced these past two months.












No comments:

Post a Comment